Categories:

Navigating Change Together: A Letter From The Editor

Greetings Spelman sisters, 

As the new semester starts, I am thrilled to welcome you back to an exciting year with The Blueprint. This historic publication has been revived to inform you about the latest happenings on campus and in our vibrant community, giving you and your fellow Spelman sisters a chance to voice your concerns, share your stories, and shine a light on your creativity. I strongly encourage you to engage with us—whether by contributing your work, sharing posts through social media with family and friends, or staying informed through our articles.

A very special welcome to the Class of 2028! I hope your first week of classes was engaging and you’re settling in well after an amazing New Student Orientation (NSO) and move-in week. I wish you a fantastic school year as we travel through our unique journeys to the finish line. Your safety and well-being are important, so please take care of yourselves, travel in pairs, and look out for each other. If you see something out of the ordinary, report it. 

As we return to campus, we find ourselves navigating a period of uncertainty and change—both here at Spelman, with ongoing construction projects that aim to enhance our campus for current and future Spelmanites, and in our nation, as we approach a major election season that will not only have an impact our futures, but also your families, friends, education journeys, and aspiring careers. With this pivotal election approaching, please ensure your voter registration is active and exercise your right to vote. Your participation matters! If you’re registered, motivate those around you to register and participate as well.

Make the most of this year by stepping out of your comfort zone—network, attend campus events, and participate in activities both on and off campus. From games and social gatherings to career-building events, there are endless opportunities to connect with others and fully immerse yourself in the Spelman experience.

In the spirit of former Editor-in-Chief Jasmine Leal-Taylor, who once said, “At Spelman, you will embark on a once-in-a-lifetime journey at the #1 HBCU,” I welcome you to another enriching year at Spelman College. Let’s embrace all that this year has to offer and support one another along the way.

Enjoy the holiday break, and take this time to recharge and reflect on your goals for the semester.

Here’s to a successful year ahead!

Sisterly,

Kylar Dee

Co-Editor-in-Chief

Donate to The Spelman Blueprint

Your donation will support the student journalists of Spelman College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.